Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Baby Cardigans

A couple of baby cardigans finished for Audrey.  I always procrastinate when it comes to sewing up my finished objects.  They end up sitting in my knitting box for ages before I can work myself up to it.  I love the knitting, hate the sewing.  I think it is the perfectionist in me, I can't stand a seam looking less than perfect.  The logical voice in my head says no one will ever notice!


Anyway, here is a matinee jacket from Hadley Fierlinger's Vintage Knits for Modern Babies

IMG_0057 IMG_0043 IMG_0032

The second cardigan is a pattern by Nikki Van De Car called Maile Sweater.  I still have to find some buttons for it.  Unfortunately I thought it would be ok to wash it on the wool cycle in the machine, even though it stated on the label to hand wash.  The Pear Tree 4 ply yarn did not like it and it felted a little bit.  I think it also shrank a little bit too.  It still looks lovely but doesn't feel as soft.  Oh well, I can put hand washing in the same basket as sewing, as in not my favourite past times!

IMG_0045

IMG_0047

4 comments:

  1. You're cardis are so sweet! A very lucky recipient indeed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are just divine, makes me want to have another baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work! I love them both, but the blue one is especially lovely.

    ReplyDelete