Monday, February 6, 2012

Veg Trug

I was lucky enough to receive this Veg Trug for a gift at Christmas time and on the weekend I finally got to planting it out.  It is just by the back door so it will be easy to get to when I am cooking and will be really easy for me to look after.  I have strawberries, basil, lemongrass, sage, thyme, snow peas, chilli, oregano, spring onions.  It may be a little overcrowded but I will see how it goes.  I love it!






The rest of my little garden is looking lovely too thanks to Bowerbird Blue's hard work.



My sister also worked on getting my water feature up and running on the weekend as it needed fixing.  She did the beautiful mosaic pattern on the water dishes so it is nice to have it on display again.










4 comments:

  1. Everything is looking so well loved! The bird house looks beautiful in it's new home and those salvias are still going! Have you been watering? Veg trug is awesome - yes quite full but it's easy to pull out what doesn't work. Must be nice to be able to reach your herbs. Great to see the beautiful water fountain bubbling again. Regarding the lemon- ants are a sign of something else wrong - something is giving them a sugary feed - an oil spray might smother whatever is doing the damage. Some citrus food would be good - I did give all the citrus a feed when I was there last so I 'd go for a small feed now - they are hungry plants so a little more regularly and lots of water would be good. I think the bugs attack more when they are under stress - plain old water is probably the key. :) The lemons in pots that you gave me have lemons nearly ready for picking on them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have been very diligent with the watering! I will try the oil spray. I got the same one that Graham Ross showed on BHG - it's an organic one. I am jealous of the lemons - no limes or lemons here :-(

      Delete