Friday, September 2, 2011

Limoncello Bombe Alaska

Limoncello Bombe Alaska 

Limoncello Bombe Alaska 

We made Limoncello Bombe Alaska from Donna Hay's August / September magazine.  It was a joint effort by my sister and myself for a birthday dinner for a very special friend.  It was delicious although so, so, sweet!  Kind of like eating a sophisticated lemon meringue pie.

Donna Hay Limoncello Bombe Alaska 

The recipe called for Limoncello liqueur which I had never tried before but it is really nice.  It came in this cute bottle too.

Limoncello 

The meringue mixture whipped up a treat in my KitchenAid which I love.  I was very lucky to receive it for a special birthday.

Meringue in Kitchen Aide 
Meringue

4 comments:

  1. mum introduced me to Limoncello - she brought some back from Jakarta for me, delicious!! in cake must be amazing. I was reading how you can make your own Limoncello recently - would be a good use for all those lemons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes definitely! we've had a few go mouldy lately because I haven't had a chance to make something with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.greeningofgavin.com/2011/08/limoncello.html

    ReplyDelete