Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Wayfarer Complete

Mmmm.  I don't think I would try the Brooklyn Tweed Wayfarer Scarf again.  I am not up with all this blocking business.  I wet the scarf, threaded the rods up the sides and pinned it to the foam blocks (see here) as the pattern says "distortions will be straightened during the blocking process".  After a few days it was dry so I removed the rods and pins only to find that the edges had distorted from the rods.  I don't know if there is a better way of doing it???  I also didn't like the way it now smells like rubber from lying on the foam blocks for a few days.  Anyway, hopefully the recipient won't notice as much as my critical eye and maybe the bumps along the sides might work themselves out after a while.  Here's hoping!
Wayfarer Scarf
Wayfarer Scarf

1 comment:

  1. looks gorgeous Kim, that blocking business sounds really painful! I'm sure the smell will go.

    ReplyDelete