We were given some lemons from some friends so I decided to make some lemon butter. The recipe we use is from an old cook book that mum used a lot when we were growing up. Hers is all worn from the years of good use but I found a copy on eBay for myself. I love looking through all the old recipes and the priceless tips on how to be a good housewife!








Yum! Cute cook book, we made some last month in the microwave using 250g butter - I was surprised how much it uses. Was huge hit and is all gone. Is that 1/2lb butter in your recipe? Think I'll go back to the bowl and pot method as you have more control. The candied citrus recipe sounds pretty good too. Maybe there will be passionfruit butter one day if we can get one going in the garden.
ReplyDeleteYes that would be great to have my own passionfruit vine! It's actually only 1/4 lb butter in the recipe but I doubled it (the whole recipe) so I used 1/2 lb. Last time we made it we actually forgot to put the butter in. Disastrous!
ReplyDeleteLOVE that Cookbook! Just LOVE IT!! Your Lemon butter looks just delicious. Like Kirsty I use the easy Microwave recipe.
ReplyDeleteYou must pop some into little tart cases, top with a dollop of cream..YUM!
Did you make those Jam jar labels yourself, and HOW?? They are magnificent! :)
That's sounds delicious! I will definitely try it. The jam labels are just done in MS Word. I found the picture of the lemon on clip art online. They are just printed on my inkjet printer so they're not waterproof but they look nice for gifts.
ReplyDelete