Sunday, August 11, 2013

Bake Off

Inspired by The Great Australian Bake Off, my sister and I have had a baking weekend following recipes from the show!

First, brandy snaps, delicious with a nice cup of tea.



Next, coffee scrolls.  The dough before proving.


Spread with the cinnamon, brown sugar and butter filling.


Before the second proving.


After the second proving.



Out of the oven and ready for the coffee icing.


Ready to eat!   I was really happy with how they turned out, much more delicious than store bought.


And lastly, a simple white loaf made by my sister.  She used Dan Lepard's recipe.  Pretty fantastic for a first attempt!

Before proving.







2 comments:

  1. Love the look of the brandy snaps, they remind me of trips to mildura and the desert queen family

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were soooo yummy! I will have to make some for you next time you come over x

      Delete