I was lucky enough to attend a tea cosy workshop in Melbourne run by the Queen of the Tea Cosies herself, Loani Prior!
It was such a great 2 days to spend knitting amongst good company, with a great teacher and learning lots of new techniques. We learnt:
Just to name a few.
Here is my finished tea cosy, the fourth one I have knit from Loani's patterns but the first one I have kept for myself :-)
I was also very lucky to be able to participate in Loani's Portraits of a Tea Cosy exhibition with my very special friend Michelle. We feel very privileged and excited to be one of the Melbourne tea cosy guardians included in the exhibition. Loani talks about the grand opening at Warwick Art Gallery in Queensland on her blog.
There are no plans for it to come to Melbourne yet so Michelle and I are planning to take a road trip to see our portrait in person. Can't wait!
Ravelry project page
It was such a great 2 days to spend knitting amongst good company, with a great teacher and learning lots of new techniques. We learnt:
- Long tail cast on
- Circular cast on
- Continental style knitting
- Double knitting
- How to 'read' our knitting
- Sewn off cast off
Just to name a few.
Here is my finished tea cosy, the fourth one I have knit from Loani's patterns but the first one I have kept for myself :-)
There are no plans for it to come to Melbourne yet so Michelle and I are planning to take a road trip to see our portrait in person. Can't wait!
Ravelry project page


It's beautiful! Congrats on the exhibition!
ReplyDeleteThanks Suvi :-)
DeleteIt IS beautiful, and beautifully knitted. Thanks for coming Kim. A privilege to meet you. The best. Loani
ReplyDeleteThanks Loani :-)
DeleteLove the retro colours, 70s delicious
ReplyDelete