Saturday, August 18, 2012

Tea and Biscuits

Such a good day for baking, it has rained all night and all morning so it is nice to have the oven on and the smell of ginger biscuits wafting through the house.  I had a lovely visit from some special friends so we had tea and ginger biscuits for afternoon tea.  I used my new Christina Re teacup and saucer.



Crystallised ginger gives the biscuits a really nice heat.  The recipe is Belinda Jeffery's Buttery Ginger Squares from her cookbook Mix and Bake.


The dough has rested in the fridge and is ready to cut.


 Flaked almonds for the top.



I had some help from my friend Liv....



Just out of the oven.


Ready to eat!




2 comments:

  1. They look delicious! I just love ginger, must be my inner nanna. Just the sort of medicine for sad goodbyes. That new tea cup is the bees knees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was nice to have some company and a helper in the kitchen. I love it when little ones love ginger things too :-)

      Delete